Who Are We?
HMS Motorsport started life as a New England regional center for performance tuning of Mustangs and BMW's, and has since grown to become the industry's leading Safety Equipment supplier to Professional, Amateur, and beginning drivers. We sell only the finest equipment that will fit the end user's needs, and pride ourselves on firsthand experience with the products we sell.
We have cultivated a devoted customer base that enjoys our honest, down to earth representatives and our commitment to making track driving as safe as it can possibly be. Included in this customer base are the vast majority of NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Camping World Truck teams, many IRL, ALMS, and Grand Am teams, as well as countless SCCA and Club-level racers and driving enthusiasts throughout North America.
HMS can be found at regional race tracks throughout the Northeastern US for many of the summer months. We support BMWCCA, SCDA, COM, SCCA, Ferrari Club, and PCA driving events among others.
We invite you to contact us to see if we can help you bring your safety systems into the 21st century and up to the state of the art while retaining a human interaction that won't drain your bank account.
- Hometown: Woburn, Ma
- Email: mike [at] hmsmotorsport [dot] com
- Direct Line: 978.406.4103
- Daily Driver: Honda Element
- Hometown: Marblehead, MA
- Email: joe [at] hmsmotorsport [dot] com
- Direct Line: 978.406.4100
- Interests: My wife (an architect from Munich, Germany), My business (HMS), My cats: Blitz - born 1999 - Silver Tabby (shelter cat/kitten) and Bogart - born 2008 - Silver Bengal/Tabby (shelter cat/kitten), Pleasure travel (differs from the constant work travel)
- Bachelors in Business - Siena College
- Masters in Hotel Management - Cornell Hotel School
- 25 Years in Hospitality Industry Technology
- 2007 Hotel Technology Award of Merit - IAHA
- Founded HMS Motorsport in 1995
- Co-Chair Drivers School - Boston Chapter BMW CCA
- Director - Boston Chapter BMW CCA
- National Safety Steward- BMW CCA Club Racing
- Driving Events Advisory Team - Porsche Club of America
- Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- International Council of Motorsports Safety (ICMS)
- Driving Instructor - BMW CCA, Ferrari Club, PCA, SCDA
Anything and everything about motorsport safety.
- 2002 Mini Cooper S (Track Car)
- 1973 BMW 2002tii (original owner - bone stock - no rust!)
- 2003 BMW X5 4.4 (with heated steering wheel - such luxury!!!)
- 2008 smart ForTwo (daily driver when not snowing or carrying people)
Current Mod List for Mini Cooper:
- Supersprint Race Exhaust and Headers
- Goodridge brakelines
- ProMini Intake
- ProMini Cams
- ProMini Strut Brace
- ProMini Guage Kit (Oil Pres/Boost)
- CooperWorks Software Upgrade
- Brembo Big Brakes with Performance Friction Pads
- H&R Springs
- Koni Shocks
- Helix Camber Plates
- ProMini Adj Swaybar links
- Factory Mini Aero Front Bumper and side skirts
- Custom Schroth Harnesses
- Kosei K1 Racing Wheels
- Hometown: Winchester, MA
- Email: jeff [at] hmsmotorsport [dot] com
- Direct Line: 978.406.4101
- Interests: Karting, Cycling (Mountain bikes, road, BMX), BMW Club racing, Hanging with my wife friends at the track, NASCAR, Pepsi, Thomas and my son Jonathan!
Jeff Paulk now calls Haverhill MA home with his wife Mary, son Jonathan, and HMS mascot Thomas - an 8.5lbs white Maltese. Jeff has been with HMS since 1999. You can catch him at BMW club races and SCCA events with Phil Sansossio driving a Flat Black E36 M3 widebody beast.
His 2013 Ford Focus ST
Hers 2000 E39 528IS
2001 Mini Cooper
2001 VW Jetta 1.8T
2000 Honda Civic SI
- Hometown: Woburn, Ma
- Email: matt [at] hmsmotorsport [dot] com
- Direct Line: 978.406.4102
- Daily Driver: 1986 BMW 535iS
I love most anything with a motor, and enjoy being neat and tidy! I have been with HMS since 2001 and love it. Being around and talking about cars all day is certainly a great gig. I have an awesome pug named Finn.
- Hometown: North Greenbush, NY
- Email: derek [ at ] hmsmotorsport [ dot ] com
- Direct Line: 978.406.4104
- Interests: Race cars, snowmobiles, motorcycles, mountain biking, surfing, being outdoors mainly. After playing football throughout college, I keep a routine gym schedule which is a major part of my life.
I grew up just outside of Albany, NY and around age 13, I started working in my family's garage. I have always had a love for motorsports and making whatever I own faster. I used to race go karts and have an unhealthy addition to snowmobiles (Polaris Pro-X 440 chassis ... definitely not stock). In January of 2008, I started an internship at HMS and I was asked to stay with the company after my graduation.
- Hometown: Somerville, MA
- Email: jay [at] hmsmotorsport [dot] com
- Interests: Music, Cycling, Skateboarding, Beach Bumming, Wrenching
Jay Flower hails from outside Syracuse, NY and now lives in Somerville, MA with his wife and son. In the world of cars he enjoys looting his savings account to do suspension overhauls, cleaning multi-spoke wheels, and adjusting parking brakes. When he's not sitting at a computer keyboard working for HMS, you can find Jay making music with his computer. He's performed with many orchestras including LA Philharmonic, Atlanta Symphony, Konzertgebau, Chicago and St Luke's. He's performed at Tanglewood, Carnegie Hall, The Santa Fe Opera, LA's Disney Hall and many other fine venues. You may have also seen him in a dark warehouse somewhere along the eastern seaboard performing as a Minimal Techno producer. Recently, he has received commissions from Carnegie Hall and the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. He is an avid cycling fan and enjoys skateboarding, late 1970's progressive rock, marshmallow fluff and late summer thunderstorms.
- 2003 BMW 330i ZHP
- 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon
- 1989 BMW 325is with S52B32 Swap
Very few parts on the 325 are original. The dashboard, glovebox, vehicle wiring harness, and a few fasteners in the Air Conditioning system are original. The wiring harness has been modified however.