Who Are We?
HMS Motorsport started life as a New England regional center for performance tuning of Mustangs and BMW's, and has since grown to become the industry's leading Safety Equipment supplier to Professional, Amateur, and beginning drivers. We sell only the finest equipment that will fit the end user's needs, and pride ourselves on firsthand experience with the products we sell.
We have cultivated a devoted customer base that enjoys our honest, down to earth representatives and our commitment to making track driving as safe as it can possibly be. Included in this customer base are the vast majority of NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Camping World Truck teams, many IRL, ALMS, and Grand Am teams, as well as countless SCCA and Club-level racers and driving enthusiasts throughout North America.
HMS can be found at regional race tracks throughout the Northeastern US for many of the summer months. We support BMWCCA, SCDA, COM, SCCA, Ferrari Club, and PCA driving events among others.
We invite you to contact us to see if we can help you bring your safety systems into the 21st century and up to the state of the art while retaining a human interaction that won't drain your bank account.
- Hometown: Medford, Ma
- Email: mike [at] hmsmotorsport [dot] com
- Direct Line: 978.406.4103
- Daily Driver: Honda Element
Mike Long worked for HMS Motorsport from 2000-2004. In 2011 Mike returned to his roots working for HMS Motorsport alongside his brother Matt and friends. A previous member of the BMWCCA, Mike has done many track days with the Boston chapter and White Mountain chapter.
Mike has driven some of the nicest tracks in the Northeast including: NHMS, Limerock, Watkins Glen, and Mont Tremblant. Track cars: 1995 Honda Civic EX fully modded. 1995 BMW E36 325 sedan, heavily modded.
Mike is a big fan of being in the outdoors and things with wheels. Camping/hiking/kayaking/swimming/snow shoeing/snow boarding/road biking and mountain biking are some of his favorite things.
Mike has hiked 8 of the 48 4000 footers in the white mountains (more to come). Mike has also ridden numerous Imba Epic mountain bike destinations including: Dupont State Forest NC, Tsali NC, Whistler Mountain BC Canada, and of course Kingdom Trails VT. Mike has also been on most ski lifts in the northeast either biking or snowboarding.
Mike currently resides in Medford (Medfa), MA.
- Hometown: Marblehead, MA
- Email: joe [at] hmsmotorsport [dot] com
- Direct Line: 978.406.4100
- Interests: My wife (an architect from Munich, Germany), My business (HMS), My cats: Blitz - born 1999 - Silver Tabby (shelter cat/kitten) and Bogart - born 2008 - Silver Bengal/Tabby (shelter cat/kitten), Pleasure travel (differs from the constant work travel)
- Bachelors in Business - Siena College
- Masters in Hotel Management - Cornell Hotel School
- 25 Years in Hospitality Industry Technology
- 2007 Hotel Technology Award of Merit - IAHA
- Founded HMS Motorsport in 1995
- Co-Chair Drivers School - Boston Chapter BMW CCA
- Director - Boston Chapter BMW CCA
- National Safety Steward- BMW CCA Club Racing
- Driving Events Advisory Team - Porsche Club of America
- Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- International Council of Motorsports Safety (ICMS)
- Professional Driving Instructor - Petty Exotic Driving Experience (www.exoticdriving.com)
- Driving Instructor - BMW CCA, Ferrari Club, PCA, SCDA
Anything and everything about motorsport safety.
- 2002 Mini Cooper S (Track Car)
- 1973 BMW 2002tii (original owner - bone stock - no rust!)
- 2013 Cadillac ATS-4 3.6 (with all the performance & comfort options)
- 2008 smart ForTwo (daily driver when not snowing or carrying people)
Current Mod List for Mini Cooper:
- Supersprint Race Exhaust and Headers
- Fresh John Cooper Works Long Block Motor
- Goodridge brakelines
- ProMini Intake
- ProMini Strut Brace
- ProMini Gauge Kit (Oil Pressure- doesn't work/Boost- does work)
- CooperWorks Software Upgrade
- Brembo Big Brakes with CarboTech XP10 Pads
- H&R Springs
- Koni Yellow Shocks
- Helix Camber Plates
- ProMini Adj Swaybar links
- Factory Mini Aero Front Bumper and side skirts
- Custom Schroth Harnesses, window, and interior nets
- Full roll cage - almost everything removed (2,350lb with me in it!)
- Cobra Evolution Carbon Technology Seats - really comfy
- AiM Solo DL CANbus Data Logger
- Motul RBF 600 High Temperature Brake Fluid
- OMP Wheel and awesome Quick Release
- Toyo R888 Tires - the best always!
- Official John Cooper Works MINI Cup Adjustable Racing Wing
- D-Force Racing Wheels
- Hometown: Winchester, MA
- Email: jeff [at] hmsmotorsport [dot] com
- Direct Line: 978.406.4101
- Interests: Karting, Cycling (Mountain bikes, road, BMX), BMW Club racing, Hanging with my wife friends at the track, NASCAR, Pepsi, Thomas and my son Jonathan!
I grew up in Winchester and now call Haverhill home with my wife Mary, son Jonathan, and HMS mascot Thomas - an 8.5lbs white Maltese. I have always had a love for racing. Working for my family engine shop through school I never dreamed I would be at Daytona selling racing equipment to the top NASCAR drivers. I raced BMX nationally with Mike Long up and down the east coast for several years at the expert level.
I started working with HMS in 1999 and have driven many of the worlds finest race tracks . You may have seen me in past at BMW club races and SCCA events with Phil Sansossio driving a Flat Black E36 M3 widebody beast. For now I get my fix for speed any chance I can to get on track with one of our shop race prepared cars or by getting to the kart track. I have started iRacing a little bit but any free time I have I try to get out on my road bike or hit the trails with Mike on our 29rs.
His 2013 Ford Focus ST
Hers 2000 E39 528IS
2001 Mini Cooper
2001 VW Jetta 1.8T
2000 Honda Civic SI
- Hometown: Woburn, Ma
- Email: matt [at] hmsmotorsport [dot] com
- Direct Line: 978.406.4102
I'm born and raised in New England, happily married to my wife Katie who coordinates events and parties at the Museum of Science in Boston. We love spending time with our Pug Finn, and relaxing on the beach. I enjoy thinking about and talking about cars, or anything with the ability to go fast. When not working I like to hang with friends and enjoy some laughs over a tasty adult beverage. I have two Kawasaki KV75 mini bikes that I tinker with at home, in the hopes of enjoying them for years to come in pristine condition. My daily driver is a Mini Cooper S which seems to be a perfect fit for me. I own a kayak, and rarely use it. Packing up a fishing rod and tackle typically results in just floating around a lake with a coffee in hand, which I donít regret one bit. I'm always up for live music, and I recently starting golfing ... ... or swinging sticks I think the kids call it.
Iíve been at HMS since 2001 and watched/helped grow the company to where it is today, something I'm very proud of. Being involved in the safety side of the motorsport industry and really rewarding, and keeps you just close enough to all the action.
- Hometown: North Greenbush, NY
- Email: derek [ at ] hmsmotorsport [ dot ] com
- Direct Line: 978.406.4104
- Interests: A few hobbies of mine include race cars, skiing, and mainly being outdoors. I've played sports my whole life and try to keep active throughout the year.
I grew up just outside of Albany, NY working in my family's garage. I have always had a love for motorsports and after graduating college in 2008, had the opportunity to work for HMS. I now specialize in custom belt building for our professional teams and customers; as well as customer service, sales, and special shop projects.
- Hometown: Somerville, MA
- Email: jay [at] hmsmotorsport [dot] com
- Interests: Music, Cycling, Skateboarding, Beach Bumming, Wrenching
Jay Flower hails from outside Syracuse, NY and now lives in Somerville, MA with his wife and son. In the world of cars he enjoys looting his savings account to do suspension overhauls, cleaning multi-spoke wheels, and adjusting parking brakes. When he's not sitting at a computer keyboard working for HMS, you can find Jay making music with his computer. He's performed with many orchestras including LA Philharmonic, Atlanta Symphony, Konzertgebau, Chicago and St Luke's. He's performed at Tanglewood, Carnegie Hall, The Santa Fe Opera, LA's Disney Hall and many other fine venues. You may have also seen him in a dark warehouse somewhere along the eastern seaboard performing as a Minimal Techno producer. Recently, he has received commissions from Carnegie Hall and the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. He is an avid cycling fan and enjoys skateboarding, late 1970's progressive rock, marshmallow fluff and late summer thunderstorms.
- 2003 BMW 330i ZHP
- 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon
- 1989 BMW 325is with S52B32 Swap
Very few parts on the 325 are original. The dashboard, glovebox, vehicle wiring harness, and a few fasteners in the Air Conditioning system are original. The wiring harness has been modified however.