Roam the unknown with Tread – Base Edition, the rugged 5.5” powersport navigator with preloaded topography for off-road adventures. Created specifically for side-by-side, ATV and snowmobile enthusiasts, Tread is built to withstand extreme terrains, temperatures and weather. The navigator includes topographic maps of North and Central America, U.S. public and private land boundaries, U.S. Forest Service roads and trails with Motor Vehicle Use Maps, and downloadable, subscription-free BirdsEye Satellite Imagery. Pair with a compatible inReach® satellite communicator2 (sold separately) to stay in touch globally. Tread also pairs with select Garmin GPS dog trackers (sold separately) to navigate and track your dogs from your vehicle.
- RIDING RADIO FOR GROUP GETAWAYS: The included Group Ride Radio allows tracking for up to 20 riders with no cellular coverage needed. Plus, the push-to-talk fist mic1 lets you easily stay in communication with your Group Ride friends. Pair Tread with your helmet or headset (not included) enabled with BLUETOOTH® technology for hands-free communication.
- OFF-ROAD RUGGEDNESS: Purpose-built for all-terrain use, Tread stands up to anything the elements can throw at it. It’s IPX7-rated for water-resistance and built to U.S. military standard 810 for thermal and shock resistance.
- HIGH-VISIBILITY DISPLAY: With its ultrabright 5.5” glove-friendly touchscreen, the Tread navigator is designed for easy viewing in bright sunlight or pitch dark. It can be mounted in portrait or landscape mode.
- MAPS FOR OFF-ROAD: Tread features preloaded topographic maps of North and Central America and detailed street maps of North America. It also includes U.S. Forest Service Roads and trails and Motor Vehicle Use Maps (MVUM) for full-sized 4x4s, side-by-side, ATVs and motorcycles.
- KNOW YOUR BOUNDARIES: Access public land boundaries for national forests, Bureau of Land Management (BLM), wilderness areas and more. Also, see private land boundaries and landowner information for parcels greater than 4 acres.
- SATELLITE IMAGERY: Download high-resolution BirdsEye Satellite Imagery directly via Wi-Fi® connectivity, with no annual subscription required.
- EASILY SYNC YOUR DEVICES: Use the Tread app2 to sync waypoints, tracks, routes and collections across your devices, including your mobile device, computer and Tread navigator. Easily import and share GPX files, too.
- MOUNTS WITH MUSCLE: The included powered mount and wiring harness with tube mount secure your Tread navigator to your powersport vehicle for riding over rough terrain.
- ABC SENSORS: For tough-terrain guidance, built-in sensors include an altimeter, barometer, compass and pitch/roll gauges.
- INREACH® COMPATIBLE: Pair your Tread powersport navigator with one of the compatible inReach global satellite communicators3 (sold separately) for two-way text messaging, interactive SOS and weather.
- DOG TRACKING: Wirelessly pair Tread with select Garmin GPS dog systems (sold separately) to help track and retrieve your sporting dogs in the field. You’ll see markers for each dog within tracking range, overlaid right on the navigator’s map screen. Directional cues help you easily follow and locate each dog you’re tracking.
- GO-ANYWHERE GUIDANCE: Get spoken turn-by-turn directions if you choose to take Tread with you when you head back to civilization and want on-road navigation. Includes driver alerts for sharp curves, red light/speed cameras4 and more.
- LIVE WEATHER: Weather ahead? Pair Tread with your compatible smartphone, and download the Tread app to access live weather, storm alerts, animated radar and more2.
- TRAVELING MUSIC: A built-in media player lets you easily control music loaded on your compatible smartphone on the navigator’s display — and hear your tunes through your helmet or headset (sold separately) enabled with BLUETOOTH technology.
- ADD A CAMERA: What’s around your side-by-side? Maximize visibility by pairing Tread with a rugged BC™ 40 wireless camera with tube mount (sold separately). It easily mounts to your vehicle’s tube frame, flat panel or roll cage.
- CONTROL YOUR ACCESSORIES: Pair Tread with the compatible Garmin PowerSwitch™ digital switch box (sold separately) to enable on-screen control for your side-by-side’s 12-volt electronics — light bars, differential locks and more.
- POINTS OF INTEREST: Tread comes preloaded with iOverlander™ points of interest and Ultimate Public Campgrounds, so you don’t need a cell signal to route to the best-established, wild and dispersed campsites
- Fist mic
- VHF antenna
- Antenna mount kit
- Tube mount kit
- High-current power cable
- Trim ring kit (blue, black, red and green)
- USB cable